Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's in a Line?

What is the best line you’ve ever heard?

The only reason I ask, is I heard something that I wish I had written. There is a new movie coming out or maybe it’s already out. (I have a tendency to see new movies, when they are no longer new. I gotta get better at that.) Anyway, the young girl is telling the guy basically he shouldn’t fall in love with her because she’s like a grenade. And he says “it would be an honor to be hurt by you.” Is that not one of the most awesome lines ever?


Now, I know what you are thinking (or could possibly be thinking), you don’t get out much do you, Railyn? But seriously, there are some pretty creative people out there. Especially to come up with lines like that. So, what’s the best line you’ve ever heard or fallen for?

The wise man that I’ve mentioned on this blog before, used the simplest line when we first met. He walked up to me, put his arm around my shoulder and said…Hi.

Hi. Can you believe it? After all of the lines that could have been used, he said hi. And what did I do? Said hi back. This year, we will have been saying hi for 17 years (married for 14 of those). It’s absolutely amazing how a single line can be just what a person needs to hear to understand everything they need to know about a person. A line can give you insight into a person’s sense of humor and their personality. It may have only been one word, but that one ‘hi’ said a lot about WM. (WM = wise man. Didn’t feel like typing it out anymore.) That hi said he was no nonsense, he didn’t like wasting time and he was on the up and up. Not anywhere close to trying to put on airs or impress anyone. He was really sure of himself. (I told him he was arrogant when we first met. He says he was just very confident. We still don’t agree on that to this day.)  

So, if you aren’t too shy to share, I’d love to hear what your best line is or the best one you fell for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment